Sunday, November 6, 2011

Well hello!

Time is so fleeting...  I had the intentions to start this blog many months ago and instead it has been a desire deferred by life.  Life as a mom to two amazing boys, life as a wife, and life as a full time student.  What is my motivation for this blog?  My boys.  My oldest was diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder just before he turned two and it became my mission in life to seek out everything possible to manage the SPD.  One of the ways was through food.  I guess you could call it dietary restrictions...  In our household we are gluten free, casein free, dye free, preservative free, and sugar free.  We do it as a family and along this journey have discovered many new things that has improved our lives...  Turns out my youngest has a true gluten allergy.  That would probably explain why he was a colic-y baby.  But another thing I have discovered is a love and appreciation for food!  And not just food, but good, healthy, and VERY tasty food!!  So my purpose with this blog is to share my recipes (yes, I will share!) and to encourage as well!  Aaaand I might throw in a little healthy living tips!  I hope you enjoy my blog! :-)




Key:
GF= gluten free
CF= casein free
SF= sugar free
DF= dairy free
NF= Nut free






Here is the recipe for today!


Banana Bread (GF, CF, SF, DF)



Ingredients
   3 cups almond flour
   1/2 cup honey
   3 eggs
  3 mashed bananas
   1/2 tsp. baking soda
   1/4 tsp. salt
Directions
Preheat oven to 325.  Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix.  Pour batter into a glass loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper.  Cook for approximately 1 hour 10 minutes.
**To keep the loaf from over browning, place it on a cooking stone in the oven, also place a piece of parchment paper over the loaf! Cooking time will vary with different ovens, so keep a close eye on it!
**Another tip- Almond meal or flour is about $13 for a bag...  A secret to get it cheaper?  Buy a bag of raw almonds and chop them up in a coffee grinder!  Voila! Almond flour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment